MILL MANAGER – Position Filled
International Wood Industries, Inc.
Bonfield Forest Products, Inc.
Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will play a key role in the development, operation and success of a new state of the art wood processing centre in Bonfield Ontario. He/she will provide leadership and general site management, be responsible for overseeing the safety, logistics, fulfillment, production planning, scheduling, and asset management of the facility.
The ideal candidate will possess a post-secondary education in a related field, coupled with several years of progressively senior management experience in a lumber manufacturing environment. A thorough knowledge of all phases of sawmill operations including quality control and continuous improvement will be essential for success. In addition to technical knowledge, he or she will exhibit the excellent interpersonal as well as superior English verbal, written and technical communication skills required to effectively delegate tasks and to direct, support and motivate others in a team environment.
The anticipated start date for this position is as soon as possible.
Why work for us?
You enjoy working AND playing hard. You are excited about the opportunity to work in a new, state of the art mill facility environment. Located less than 4 hours from both Toronto and Ottawa, 30 minutes from North Bay, the area is home to a year-round playground – from horseback riding, skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling to hiking, fishing, sailing and camping. The region is home to all the economic, education, health, technological, recreational and cultural amenities of a modern rural community.
- an opportunity to experience the rewards associated with operationalizing a new state of the art wood processing facility
- an industry-leading wage and benefits program
- a commitment to the highest safety standards
- a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization.
YOU are self-motivated with a sense of urgency and flexibility to work until the job is done and possess:
- + 10 years experience in sawmill production management
- Expert knowledge in kiln drying, lumber finishing and grading processes
- Solid business acumen and the ability to interpret and manage financial and market data and create executable plans to manage cost and profitability
- Experience and ability to develop, translate and implement strategic plans, think long term and “big picture”, broad based and integrate complexities in daily problem solving and decision making
- Strong prioritization skills needed to address the critical emerging priorities while not losing perspective on the secondary and lower level issues
- Proven results focused ability to set goals, deliver results consistently, take action to achieve targets, and overcome obstacles
- Strong, proven team leadership to develop organizational capacity, coach and develop employees, successfully motivate and energize operations teams, and create an inclusive culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
If you are motivated by the rewarding challenges of being at the forefront of operationalizing a new wood products manufacturing facility and possess the energy, time, knowledge and skills required to carry out the role of Mill Manager, we want to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume detailing your experience as it relates to the Mill Manager position by email to:
Mr. Gary Medwid
International Wood Industries, Inc
Bonfield Forest Products
Do NOT mail your application.