WOOD FIBRE PROCUREMENT MANAGER – Position Filled
WOOD FIBRE PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Mill Manager, be responsible for supervision and implementation of the Company’s wood fibre procurement program.
- Be and remain current about market conditions, pricing, availability and quality of wood fibre
- Develop and cultivate working relationships with wood fibre suppliers; act as primary interface with contractors and wood fibre suppliers
- Negotiate and purchase quality wood fibre volumes through private land owners and Crown SFL parties and their affiliates to meet the Company’s business plan needs
- Responsible for managing the process of wood fibre delivery to the mill as well as the sale and delivery of residual products to third party customers
- Collaborate with on-site receiving and scaling staff to ensure that grade and quality requirements are met
- Manage and document all procurement operational activities and ensure adherence with quality, timeline and budget targets, including harvest, haul and road construction contracts
- Support the development of annual budgets.
In order to be considered for this position, your cover letter AND resume should tell us about how you meet the following job requirements:
- Registered Professional Forester or Professional Forest Technologist or combination of education and equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in timber cruising, road construction, log scaling and overall operational forestry
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario ‘s Crown Forest management practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Strong verbal, written, computer (Microsoft Office Suite), GPS/GIS technology
- Proven leadership skills; experience developing stakeholder relationships; superior negotiation skills
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
Forward your cover letter AND resume to the attention of Gary Medwid, President by email to email@example.com
Why work for us?
You enjoy working AND playing hard. You are excited about the opportunity to work in a new, state of the art mill facility environment. Located less than 4 hours from both Toronto and Ottawa, 30 minutes from North Bay, the area is home to a year-round playground – from horseback riding, skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling to hiking, fishing, sailing and camping. The region is home to all the economic, education, health, technological, recreational and cultural amenities of a modern rural community.
-an opportunity to experience the rewards associated with operationalizing a new state of the art wood processing facility
-an industry-leading wage program
-a commitment to the highest safety standards
-a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization.